- This event has passed.
Neuraxial Anesthesia in Prevention of Cancer Recurrence
September 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Dominika James, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Neuraxial Anesthesia in Prevention
of Cancer Recurrence
Dr. James from the UNC Anesthesiology Department in affiliation with UNC Lineberger cancer treatment group, will describe effects of regional and neuraxial perioperative blocks on cancer outcomes. Additional topical management considerations or recommendations for this patient population may also be presented.
- Discuss effects of perioperative stress on cellular function and cancer outcomes
- Describe effects of general anesthesia on cancer outcomes
- Discuss the effects of neuraxial analgesia on cancer recurrence and mortality as pertaining to various malignancies
Free Continuing Education credits:
CME (ACCME), CNE (ANCC), ACPE, and ASRT
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Zoom attendance must use video! Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers (Accreditation Approved)
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNC Cancer Network Live Lectures
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in November 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.