- This event has passed.
Understanding and Treating Anxiety & Depression in Patients and Families with Cancer (Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture)
November 28, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Eliza Park, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Research
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Understanding and Treating Anxiety &
Depression in Patients and Families with Cancer
Depression and anxiety disorders commonly occur among patients with cancer and their family caregivers. This lecture focuses on the common symptoms and management strategies for depression and anxiety disorders in patients with cancer and their family members.
- Describe the epidemiology of depression and anxiety disorders in patients with cancer and their family caregivers
- Recognize the initial pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment strategies for anxiety and depression in cancer
- Identify the major risk factors for suicide among patients with cancer
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above).
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Certification Pending Flyer ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout
- Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in December 2018. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.