- This event has passed.
An Update on CAR T Therapy (Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture)
December 19, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Natalie Grover, MD
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
An Update on CAR T Therapy
This lecture will give an overview of CAR-T cells, discuss recent clinical trial results and FDA approvals as well as current clinical applications. This lecture will also cover the management of the unique toxicities of CAR-T therapy. Finally, this lecture will discuss some of the ongoing trial of CAR-T therapy as well as future directions of the field.
- Discuss the current approved indications for CAR-T cells
- Describe presentation and management of unique toxicities associated with CAR-T therapy
- Describe challenges of developing CAR-T cells for solid tumors
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above). Find out more about hosting a designated site.
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Certification Approved Flyer ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout
- Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in January 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.