- This event has passed.
Decision-Making in Metastatic Breast Cancer — Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture
June 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Lisa Carey, MD, FASCO
Richardson and Marilyn Jacobs Preyer Distinguished Professorship for Breast Cancer Research
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Decision-Making in Metastatic Breast Cancer
Of women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer, almost 30% will develop metastatic disease. Genomic testing of metastatic breast cancer will help us determine which forms of breast cancer are likely to return in other parts of the body.
- Recognize the goals of management for metastatic breast cancer.
- Describe the principles of treatment for hormone receptive-positive, HER2-positive, and triple negative breast cancer.
- List the emerging research that may improve future treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions and password for the evaluation is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout ( 2-Up Version | 3-Up Version )
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in August 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.