The Benefits of Exercise for Cancer Patients — RN and Allied Health Lecture
January 8, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Gabrielle Brennan, MS, ACSM EP-C, CET
Clinical Exercise Physiologist
UNC Medical Center
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Benefits of Exercise for Cancer Patients
Cardio-oncology is a newly expanding area of cancer rehabilitation in the exercise world. As a Clinical Exercise Physiologist part of the Cardiac Rehabilitation team, Gabrielle Brennan, MS, ACSM EP-C, CET, has a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology with a specialization in Cancer Care. Previously, she worked as an Exercise Specialist as the program director for the LiveFit Cancer Exercise Program. She will explore the program and benefits numerous patients gained from this program. The American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for cancer patients will also be discussed.
- Learning Objectives TBD
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions and password for the evaluation is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF ) (Coming soon)
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture coming soon; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in January 2020. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.