- This event has passed.
The Role and Importance of HPV Infection in Head and Neck Cancer — Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture
May 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Trevor Hackman, MD, FACS
Vice Chair, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Director, Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Role and Importance of HPV Infection
in Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Trevor Hackman is the Director of the Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship and specializes in treatment of patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), with a focus in head and neck oncology. In this lecture, he will talk about the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in head and neck cancers in terms of epidemiology, vaccination, molecular/genomics, de-escalation, role of TORS, and immunotherapy.
- Describe the epidemiology of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection.
- Identify the epidemiology of HPV-related head and neck cancer.
- Discuss the impacts of HPV on treatment and prognosis.
- Differentiate treatment options, areas of exploration & prevention.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions and password for the evaluation is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout ( 2-up PDF | 3-up PDF )
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in July 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.