The Role and Importance of HPV Infection in Head and Neck Cancer — Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture
May 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Wendell G. Yarbrough, MD, MMHC, FACS
Chair, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Thomas J. Dark Distinguished Professor of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Role and Importance of HPV Infection in Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Wendell Yarbrough’s research concentrates on the identification of tumor suppressors in head and neck cancers on understanding tumor growth, and on personalizing therapy for patients with head and neck cancer. In this talk, he will talk about the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in head and neck cancers in terms of molecular/genomics, de-escalation, role of TORS, and immunotherapy.
- Identify tumor suppressors in head and neck cancers.
- Improve the understanding of tumor growth and personalize patient therapy.
- Define HPV in head and neck cancers in terms of molecular/genomics, de-escalation, role of TORS, and immunotherapy.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above). Find out more about hosting a designated site.
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF ) (Coming soon)
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture coming soon; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in July 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.