Helping Patients with Breast Cancer — RN and Allied Health Lecture
June 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Katharine Harrell, NP-C
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Helping Patients with Breast Cancer
This lecture touches on various topics important in helping breast cancer patients. We’ll discuss early detection, risk factors, diagnoses, treatment, and survivorship as well as breast cancer treatment modalities, including hormone inhibitors. Some patients will might want information about plastic surgery (breast reconstruction), and tips on using cryotherapy for prevention of peripheral neuropathy.
- Identify basic breast anatomy and the components of a breast exam
- Define benign v malignant breast disorders
- Describe the basic treatment and follow-up of patients being treated for or having survived breast cancer therapies
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions and password for the evaluation is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF ) (Coming soon)
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in July 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.