- This event has passed.
Immunological Mechanisms in Pancreatic Cancer — Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture
March 27, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Yuliya Pylayeva-Gupta, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Genetics
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Immunological Mechanisms in Pancreatic Cancer
This lecture will review the current understanding of the role of immune system in pancreatic cancer and provide insight into development of the latest immune-based therapies aimed at treating patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Describe the etiology and current treatment of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- Discuss the challenges imposed by tumor microenvironment in treating pancreatic cancer
- Discuss novel approaches to immunotherapy in pancreatic cancer
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above). Find out more about hosting a designated site.
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in May 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.