Preparing Patients for Treatment (RN and Allied Health Lecture)
April 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Tammy Allred, RN, OCN
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Preparing Patients for Treatment
When a patient has received the life-changing news, she or he can feel overwhelmed by the need to digest the diagnosis while understanding and making decisions about sometimes rather complex treatment options. How do we plan and schedule the education for new chemo patients in a timely manner prior to the first day of chemo? What can we do to help the patient understand how the drugs work, what symptoms they can expect, and how they can deal with those symptoms?
- Learning Objectives TBD
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above). Find out more about hosting a designated site.
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF ) (Coming soon)
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture coming soon; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in May 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.