- This event has passed.
COVID-19 and Oncology Practice — R2P Lecture
March 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Stephen Kimani, MD, MSc
Division of Hematology/Oncology
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
COVID-19 and Oncology Practice
This lecture will provide an overview of the burden and outcomes of COVID-19 among patients living with cancer. We will also review the impact of the pandemic on cancer care delivery, and emerging data regarding vaccination safety and efficacy.
- Describe prevalence, incidence, and outcomes of COVID-19 among select populations of cancer patients in the US
- Compare safety and efficacy of available COVID-19 vaccines
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on cancer care delivery with emphasis on unique challenges and opportunities in oncology
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Attendees must use Zoom video so they can see the presentation’s slides and video components!
- Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNCLCN Live Lectures
UNCLCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNCLCN Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in about a month.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.