Oral Complications Associated with Cancer Therapy – APP Lecture
July 21 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
FREE CE credits: NCPD/CNE
Ali Shazib, DMD
Clinical Assistant Professor
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC Adams School of Dentistry
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Oral Complications Associated with Cancer Therapy:
Identification and Practical Approaches.
The presentation will highlight the field of oral medicine and its integration into the oncology landscape (oral oncology), identify oral complications associated with cancer therapies, practical approaches towards managing oral complications, and discuss the role of multi-disciplinary care through going through cases. The presentation will include challenges associated with oral care for patients undergoing cancer therapy and its role in survivorship and beyond.
- Familiarize the learner with short and long-term complications associated with cancer therapies such as salivary gland dysfunction, infections, oral mucositis, jaw osteonecrosis, graft-versus-host disease, second cancers.
- Practical approaches to management of oral complications
- Role of multi-disciplinary care
The Advanced Practice Provider lecture series created and coordinated by Tammy Triglianos, DNP, ANP-BC, AOCNP, in partnership with the UNC Lineberger Cancer Network.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Attendees must use Zoom video so they can see the presentation’s slides and video components!
- Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers (Coming soon)
- JPEG Flyer
- PDF Flyer
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- 2-Up Version
- 3-Up Version
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture coming soon)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNCLCN Live Lectures
UNCLCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNCLCN Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in about a month.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.