Oncology Clinical Trials Course by LCCC
The UNC LCCC Oncology Clinical Trials Course 2021 is a course designed for faculty and trainees interested in clinical trials research. Topics include:
Trial design, conduct of trials, relevant regulatory ethics and data management issues, barriers and challenges, and career development, as well as adjuncts to therapeutic trials including biomarkers and correlative studies.
Symposium Chair: Claire Dees, MD, ScM
The intended audience is all interested fellows, APPs or faculty in a cancer-related division or department, including learners from med onc, hem onc, gyn onc, urologic oncology, ENT, pediatric oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, etc.
The format of the course is 7-8 two hour lecture sessions.
The dates of the course are 4-6 pm on:
- September 8 – Drug Treatment Trials by Phase
- September 29 – Interventional and Correlative Trial Resources
- October 6 – Proposing and Conducting an IIT
- October 13 – Statistics in Clinical Trials
- October 20 – Welcome to Trials Regulation, Clinical Ops, Compliance, and Finance
- November 3 – Correlative Trials– A case based approach
- November 10 – Barriers to Accrual and Advocacy
- Dec 1 (not yet confirmed) – Career Development for Trialists
All sessions will be take place via Zoom, and will also be recorded. You may register at any time, up until December 1.
Registration for this course is now available. Please note that this is a two-step process.
Please visit the UNCLCN Learning Portal at https://learn.unclcn.org and click on the Register link in the upper right corner.
If you are NOT at UNC with an ONYEN, select CREATE NEW UNCLCN LEARNING PORTAL ACCOUNT. Complete the profile information to set up your account.
If you ARE at UNC and have an ONYEN, select UNC LEARNING PORTAL ONYEN LOGIN, login with your ONYEN, and complete the profile information to set up your account.
Once you are logged in to the UNCLCN Learning Portal, select the Courses tab at the top, and then ONCOLOGY CLINICAL TRIALS from the drop down menu.
Select the Register tab, and then the ENROLL button.
You will see that you are registered for all class dates in the series, and you will receive a separate email for each one. You will also receive one-day and one-hour reminders.
On the Day and Time of the Lecture
On the day and time of the course (we recommend that you join a few minutes early) you will be able to either:
Follow the instructions in your reminder email.
Follow these steps:
- Go to MY COURSES at the bottom of https://learn.unclcn.org
- Select The Oncology Clinical Trials
- Click on the course for that day
- Select the Take Course Tab and Button.
- Select the Resume Course button.
- Select Join the Webinar to join the Zoom meeting.
Recordings of prior lectures may be viewed in our video library.
For questions or support, please contact the UNC Cancer Network at 919-445-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
While there is not CME for this class, you will gain a certificate of attendance through the UNCLCN.