- This event has passed.
Research Study Group: LinkedIn
November 13 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Over 500 million professionals use LinkedIn to stay connected and grow professionally. Almost all employers use LinkedIn to share information, post job openings, and screen potential employees. Every grad student and postdoc can benefit from LinkedIn no matter what their intended career path. This hands-on LinkedIn workshop will lead participants through the following intermediate and advanced LinkedIn features:
- How to personalize the URL of your LinkedIn profile
- How to choose and upload a cover photo and profile picture
- How to quickly find LinkedIn connections using your email address book
- How to improve your LinkedIn profile by adding sections such as publications, collaborative projects, videos, certifications, etc
- How to research companies using LinkedIn
- How to apply for a job or prepare for an interview using LinkedIn
- How to use the Alumni Tool to connect with LinkedIn users from your undergrad or graduate alma mater
- How to use the Advanced Search function to search for people by location, employer, sector, and even within a specific person’s contacts.
- Please be sure you have already created a LinkedIn account before coming to the workshop. Attendees should bring a fully charged laptop with internet access.
Dr. Patrick Brandt, Director of Career Training and Development, will lead the workshop. Patrick has more than 10 years of experience in career development and regularly connects trainees with contacts from his LinkedIn network of over 2500 life science professionals.
Breakfast and Coffee will be served!