Recognizing and Managing Side Effects of Cancer Treatment
August 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Michelle Gardiner, PharmD, BCOP, CPP
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Recognizing and Managing Side Effects
of Cancer Treatment
Dr. Michelle Gardiner will discuss topics relevant to common and problematic side effects of anti-cancer treatments. Issues to be covered include; handling of acute infusion reactions, prevention and treatment of peripheral neuropathy, and the importance of recognizing and evaluating cancer-related fatigue in patients.
- Identify strategies for preventing and treating acute infusion reactions
- Describe non-pharmacological and pharmacological ways to prevent or manage chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy
- Demonstrate an understanding of cancer-related fatigue and list treatable contributing factors
Free Continuing Education credits:
CNE (ANCC), ACPE, and ASRT
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Zoom attendance must use video! Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers (Coming soon)
- JPEG Flyer
- PDF Flyer
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- 2-Up Version
- 3-Up Version
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNC Cancer Network Live Lectures
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in September 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.