- This event has passed.
The Aging Cancer Patient Population in North Carolina
November 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Hyman B. Muss, MD
Mary Jones Hudson Distinguished Professor of Geriatric Oncology; Director, Geriatric Oncology Program
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Aging Cancer Patient Population
in North Carolina
Dr. Hyman Muss will discuss recommendations related to specific needs of older patients with cancer. Updates will be presented regarding the implementation of the geriatric assessment into routine cancer care, as well as management strategies that are identified based on the results of the geriatric assessment.
- Describe Describe the demographics of aging and cancer.
- Describe critical elements of performing a geriatric assessment.
- Formulate a specific treatment plan for older oncology patients.
Free Continuing Education credits:
CNE (ANCC), ACPE, and ASRT
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Zoom attendance must use video! Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNC Cancer Network Live Lectures
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in December 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.