- This event has passed.
Oncology Nutrition — NC Community College Oncology Lecture
March 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Jennifer Spring, RD, CSO, LDN
Oncology Dietitian, Outpatient Oncology Nutrition Program
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Unintended weight loss and anorexia in patients with cancer is associated with decreased performance status, reduced response and tolerance to treatment, decreased survival, and reduced quality of life. This lecture discusses the importance of proactive nutritional interventions vital to improving patient outcomes.
- Explain cancer-related anorexia and the significance of unintentional weight loss
- Describe the evidence for specific nutritional interventions for patients experiencing anorexia and unintentional weight loss
- Describe the evidence for specific nutritional interventions for patients experiencing anorexia and unintentional weight loss.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Certificates:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in April 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.