- This event has passed.
Professional Development and Continuing Education for Oncology Nurses — RN and Allied Health Lecture
September 11, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Claire Gillett, RN, MSN, OCN
Clinical Nurse Education
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
and Continuing Education for Oncology Nurses
This lecture includes a review of professional development guidelines for Oncology Nurses, including education requirements for the State of North Carolina Board of Nursing. Claire Gillett and Susan Mason will review favorite places to receive continuing education credits, as well as the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center’s/UNC Cancer Network’s RN education program and our 2019 schedule and list of topics.
- Identify key electronic and written resources for reputable and meaningful oncology education.
- List continuing education requirements at the organizational and State level as determined by the NC Board of Nursing.
- Identify the significance and importance of nursing professional development.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions and password for the evaluation is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of this lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout ( 2-Up Version | 3-Up Version )
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in October 2019. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.