- This event has passed.
Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults Living with Cancer: Meeting their Unique Medical and Psychosocial Needs (RN and Allied Health Lecture)
November 14, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Lauren Lux, LCSW
Program Director, Adolescent and Young Adult
Department of Pediatrics
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults Living with Cancer:
Meeting their Unique Medical and Psychosocial Needs
Adolescents and Young Adult living with cancer have unique medical and psychosocial needs. The recognition of these needs has created a new field of study in practice in the oncology world. As such many institutions are developing multidisciplinary teams to address AYA needs. However, you don’t need a huge budget or a new program to make an impact with this age group. We will establish the age specific needs of this group and discuss some simple changes to make in your day to day practice that will help you meet your AYA patients’ needs.
- Identify the unique medical and psychosocial needs of AYA cancer patients.
- Discuss institutional barriers to delivering age specific care to AYAs with cancer.
- Implement simple changes in clinical practice to improve care delivery and coordination for AYAs with cancer.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit for this Live Lecture:
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above).
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Accreditation Approved Flyer ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout
- Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in December 2018. Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.