The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at the N.C. Cancer Hospital and UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center is a group of volunteer patients, family members, caregivers and staff. Its mission is to work together to ensure that UNC Cancer Care patients receive the highest level of health care.
The Advisory Council was created to successfully partner with the staff and administration by involving patients and families in care decisions and using their voices in teaching, quality improvement projects and the development of new programs.
PFAC members carry out their mission in many ways. They provide the voices and viewpoints of UNC Cancer Care patients, families and caregivers by:
- Playing a vital role on various hospital committees
- Reviewing educational programs for staff
- Helping to develop new support programs for patients and caregivers
- Sharing their personal cancer journey with staff, patients and caregivers
- Promoting partnerships with patients and their families
Members of the PFAC need to commit to:
- Serving for at least a 2 years
- Participating on one or more hospital committees
- Completing the UNC Health Care volunteer training program
- Sharing your experiences in a positive and thoughtful manner
New members may be referred by staff and current PFAC members. Interested? Let your UNC Cancer Care team know or call the phone number listed below.
For more information, contact Council Coordinator Loretta Muss at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 445-5336.