Lineberger Excellence in Advocacy Program (LEAP)
Join our team of advocates!
Cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and community members are invited to become advocates with our cancer center. Advocates work with staff and researchers to guide our programs and research studies.
Who can be an advocate?
- Cancer patients
- Cancer survivors
- Community members
- Caregivers and family members of a person with cancer
How do advocates help?
- Share thoughts and opinions on programs and research studies
- Review patient materials to make sure they are easy to understand
- Highlight issues that are most important to patients and their families
- Examples of advocates at work at UNC Lineberger
How much time do advocates give? Are advocates paid?
Advocates may give as little or as much time as they like. Advocates are often paid for their time. Payment depends on the project.
How can someone become an advocate?
Your willingness to share your thoughts and experience is all that is needed to become an advocate. Complete the form below or send us an email at LEAP@unc.edu to get started.
Contact LEAP to get involved
Please complete the form below, and a member of our team will contact you with more information about becoming an advocate for cancer care at UNC Lineberger.