Instructions for Submitting PRC Materials
The Protocol Review Committee (PRC) reviews any protocol which involves interaction with the UNC cancer population, or studies with a focus on cancer, regardless of whether it qualifies for expedited IRB review or IRB exemption.
PRC agendas are capped at five initial reviews per meeting (either new studies or amendment reviews).
- Due date for initial submissions assigned to a Full Board agenda is the previous meeting date (e.g., cutoff for January 30 meeting is January 16).
- Initial studies will be accepted in chronological order of submission, with any studies submitted after the maximum is reached deferred to the following agenda.
- Initial studies requested for review on an agenda that has already met its limit will be required to outline all extenuating circumstances in a written rationale to be considered by the PRC Chair or Co-Chair.
- Total renewal reviews per agenda will be capped at ten.
- Any renewals submitted after the maximum is reached will be deferred to the following PRC Agenda for review.
For PRC meeting dates and deadlines for submission, please see the PRC Calendar.
There are three types of submissions reviewed by the PRC: new submissions, annual renewals, and amendments. Please view the appropriate links below for information about the forms required for each type of submission.
Please address all questions regarding the above to the PRC Coordinator.