The Mary Anne Long Patient and Family Resource Center’s Cancer Navigation Support Call Program was honored with a UNC Medical Center Quality and Safety Team Award for the development of a practice model that improves care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pam Baker, Marianne Baskaron, Sharon Bigelow, Linda Bowles, Elizabeth Hart and Tina Shaban from the Patient and Family Resource Center, which is part of UNC Lineberger’s Comprehensive Cancer Support Program, were recognized at the Medical Center Improvement Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
HJ Kim, MD, division chief of surgical oncology, also received the award as a member of the Enhance Recovery After Surgery Program.
Several other members of N.C. Cancer Hospital were recognized as award finalists:
- Deen Gu, MHA, department of radiation oncology, Interventions to Increase Screening and Referrals of Cancer Patients with Psychosocial Distress.
- Gina Moreland, MBA, MHA, RDH, CPHQ, Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program, Adult Outpatient Isolation in Patient Care and Waiting Areas.
- Patti Morfeld, RN, BSN, OCN, adult oncology, Adult Oncology Infusion and Adult Oncology Lab Draw Station.
- Loretta Muss, Patient and Family Advisory Council.
- Kinley Reeves, Division of Healthcare Engineering, Caregiver Conversations.