How to make an appointment
You can contact us directly to make an appointment or you can have a doctor refer you to us. We welcome patients who are seeking second opinions.
Appointments are made between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
To make an appointment, you can call:
- the general toll-free line at 1-866-869-1856, or
- the specific program you need. See contact listing for each program.
What to bring to your appointment
- primary care provider's name, address and phone number
- your UNC medical record card, if you have one
- insurance card and any other related forms required by your insurance company
- a signed medical release form so that all needed medical records from other doctors can be sent to us
- any medicines you are taking
- a list of any allergies you have
- someone to come to the appointment with you
What to expect at your appointment
Your UNC Cancer Care visits may include many appointments with different team members. In addition to your appointments, you may also be scheduled for some tests and blood draws. As your team addresses all of your needs, your visits may be long. You may want to bring something to keep you entertained (a book, magazine or mobile device) a jacket or sweater to keep you warm, a snack and drink, or money for snacks and drinks.
Find a doctor
Have questions? Call 1-866-869-1856 to speak with an operator who can direct your call (available from 8 a.m. -5 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday).